As electrical engineer, you'll be involved with designing, developing and maintaining electrical control systems, machinery and equipment.
• Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations
• Drawing up plans using computer-assisted engineering and design software
• Estimating material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales
• Coordinating technicians and craftspeople
• Testing installations and systems, and analysing data
• Making sure projects meet electrical and construction safety regulations
• Overseeing inspection and maintenance programmes
• Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients.
• Excellent maths, science, technology and IT skills
• The ability to analyse complex problems and assess possible solutions
• The ability to explain design ideas clearly
• Strong decision-making skills
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to prioritise and plan effectively
• Good budgetary skills
• Excellent teamworking and people skills
• A comprehensive understanding of electrical health and safety regulations.