You will need to have:
A friendly personality and a genuine desire to help and please others;
the ability to think clearly and make quick decisions;
numeracy and logistical planning skills;
a professional manner and a calm, rational approach in hectic situations;
the ability to balance customer and business priorities;
flexibility and a 'can do' mentality;
energy and patience;
excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with speakers of other languages.
Our headquarters are in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire and we have offices in London and Lagos Nigeria
In the role of hotel manager you would be responsible for the day-to-day management of a hotel and its staff. You would have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping, guest services, accounting, marketing and make up a general management team.
While taking a strategic overview and planning ahead to maximize profits, the manager must also pay attention to the details, setting the example for staff to deliver a standard of service and presentation that meets guests' needs and expectations. Business and people management are equally important elements.
Managerial duties vary depending on the size and type of hotel, but will include:
• Planning and organizing accommodation, catering and other hotel services;
• Promoting and marketing the business;
• Managing budgets and financial plans as well as controlling expenditure;
• Maintaining statistical and financial records;
• Setting and achieving sales and profit targets;
• Analyzing sales figures and devising marketing and revenue management strategies;
• Recruiting, training and monitoring staff;
• Planning work schedules for individuals and teams;
• Meeting and greeting customers;
• Dealing with customer complaints and comments;
• Addressing problems and troubleshooting;
• Ensuring events and conferences run smoothly;
• Supervising maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings;
• Dealing with contractors and suppliers;
• Ensuring security is effective;
• Carrying out inspections of property and services;
• Ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
Applicants should forward CV to