Manufacturing Engineer Job Duties:
* Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
* Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
* Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
* Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
* Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
* Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
* Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
* Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
* Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
* Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
* Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Manufacturing Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design/BSE,HND quantity survey