What is a Hybrid Car?
Hybrid cars are becoming more popular and more common. Basically, a hybrid car is one that uses two or more engines i.e. an electric motor and a conventional engine (either petrol or diesel). The electric engine powers the car at lower speeds and gas engine powers it at higher speeds. A hybrid car like Toyota Prius and Civic Hybrid not only conserves fuel but also produce less CO2 emissions. Though hybrid vehicles are now growing in popularity but still few people are actually using it mainly due to lack of knowledge of how hybrid vehicles work and whether they’re as good as other gasoline powered vehicles.
A hybrid car is best defined as a vehicle that has an engine that can switch between a fossil fuel and an alternate fuel source.
Advantages of a Hybrid Car
Here are few of the top advantages of having a hybrid car :-
1. Environmentally Friendly: One of the biggest advantage of hybrid car over gasoline powered car is that it runs cleaner and has better gas mileage which makes it environmentally friendly. A hybrid vehicle runs on twin powered engine (gasoline engine and electric motor) that cuts fuel consumption and conserves energy.
2. Financial Benefits: Hybrid cars are supported by many credits and incentives that help to make them affordable. Lower annual tax bills and exemption from congestion charges comes in the form of less amount of money spent on the fuel.
3. Less Dependance on Fossil Fuels: A Hybrid car is much cleaner and requires less fuel to run which means less emissions and less dependance on fossil fuels. This in turn also helps to reduce the price of gasoline in domestic market.
4. Regenerative Braking System: Each time you apply brake while driving a hybrid vehicle helps you to recharge your battery a little. An internal mechanism kicks in that captures the energy released and uses it to charge the battery which in turn eliminates the amount of time and need for stopping to recharge the battery periodically.
5. Built From Light Materials: Hybrid vehicles are made up of lighter materials which means less energy is required to run. The engine is also smaller and lighter which also saves much energy.
6. Higher Resale Value: With continuous increase in price of gasoline, more and more people are turning towards hybrid cars. The result is that these green vehicles have started commanding higher than average resale values. So, in case you are not satisfied with your vehicle, you can always sell it at a premium price to buyers looking for it.
There are many advantages to owning a hybrid car. The one you will like the best is how it helps you to control your budget as gas prices continue to get higher. The other benefit that is not seen directly is how owning and driving a hybrid car impacts the environment. It reduces the dependence on fossil fuels and lowers your carbon imprint on the environment.
Contact us now for
Hybrid Cars Maintenance, Repairs, Parts Sales & Services
Workshop Address: Oladipo Diya, after Oando Filling Station by New Covenant
Church - Abuja 0.8.0.3.184.108.40.206.1.2.4.
We travel to repair all over Nigeria and beyond!
Hybrid Cars Maintenance Repairs Parts Sales & Services
Report this ad